(TFT) Re: Quickness/IQ and parry system

Morris'

I haven't ready Andrew Morris's rules modification, but I did want to say
that the one of the great flexibilities of the TFT system is that it
doesn't attempt to strictly define the attributes. It seems obvious to me
that with only 3 attributes, each of them *does* do double and triple duty.
This is already known. It's one of the reasons the game is so well-suited
to roleplaying. The system doesnt get in the way.

Therefore a wizard with ST 30 doesnt *have* to be able to lift a Caddie! If
the roleplayer doesn't ever lift a caddy, what's WRONG with him having an
ST 30 wizard?

Or look at it another way. If a wizard suddenly lifts a Caddie, why would
you be surprised? The guy can summon a demon! It should be HARD for him to
lift a Caddie!? I don't think so....

It's all how you play it.

I like the TFT rules BECAUSE their that flexible, your story is more
important than the rules....

Different Worlds #15, A Modest Proposal for TFT, by David Dunham, pg 27

Just some thoughts...
Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.