(TFT) TFT: Bowyer, Slings, Handicaps, & Crazy Egor's

   This is a combined random table I made for those two Handicaps articles.
Sorry it doesn't look pretty in this non-monospace font . . .

Roll   Points   Handicap
  9 4 Moronic
10 4 Pacifist
11 4 Butterfingers
12 4 Claustrophobia
13 3 One-Armed
14 3 One-Track Mind
15 3 Choleric
16 3 Cowardly
17 3 Neurotic
18 3 Old (Age 50)
19 3 Narcolepsy
20 2 Alcoholic
21 2 Acrophobia
22 2 Cuteness
23 2 Nearsighted
24 2 Neurotic
25 2 Laziness
26 2 Old (Age 40)
27 1 Miserly
28 1 Hard of Hearing
29 1 Neurotic
30-32 Character has one more handicap
33 1 Old (Age 30)
34 1 Fat (4 encumbrance)
35 1 Dyslexia
36 1 Homosexual
37 1 Gullible
38 2 Fat (8 encumbrance)
39 2 Reputation
40 2 Migraines
41 2 Lame
42 2 Odious
43 2 Over-Sexed
44 2 Eunuch
45 3 Fat (12 encumbrance)
46 3 Squeamishness
47 3 Rube Goldberg Mind
48 3 Kleptomaniac
49 3 Asthma
50 3 One-Legged
51 4 Stuttering
52 4 Hemophiliac
53 4 Rheumatic Fever
54 4 Blind<

I like this, but I think it makes it too hard to roll for the upper and
lower limits. I made a similar table and assumed that when given two
choices you'd roll 1-3/4-6 or three choices 1-2/3-4/5-6, etc..

Handicap Table
In real life, you don't get to choose your handicaps. If the GM prefers, he
can decide how many handicaps to allow a player-character, and then let
them roll.
It is suggested that there be a 1 in 6 chance (or 10%) for any particular
NPC to have a handicap.

5d6     Handicap Table                                          Value
5       Moronic                                                         4
points
6       Pacifist
4 points
7       One-Armed or Squeamishness                              3 points
8       Choleric
3 points
9       Cowardly
3 points
10      Old (50+ years) or Rube Goldberg Mind           3 points
11      Alcoholic or Narcolepsy                                 2 points
12      Nearsighted or Acrophobia                               2 points
13      Old (40+ years) or Laziness or Milksop          2 points
14      Miserly or Slob or Jerk                                 1 point
15      Hard of Hearing or Watch Traps or Denseness     1 point
16      Neurotic (roll 1d6; 1-3 =  1 point; 4-5 = 2 points;
                6 = 3 points                                            1-3
points
17      Old (30+ years) or Dyslexia or Stumbling                1 point
18      Fat or Dyslexia or Drowning                             1 point
19      Homosexual or Wimp or Klutz                             1 points
20      Gullible or Pigeon or Victim                            1 points
21      Fat (-8 ST) or Cuteness                                 2 points
22      Lame or Migraines                                               2
points
23      Odious or Reputation                                    2 points
24      Over-Sexed or Eunuch                                    2 points
25      Fat (-12 ST) or Asthma                                  3 points
26      Kleptomaniac                                                    3
points
27      One-Legged or One-Track Mind                    3 points
28      Stuttering or Claustrophobia                            4 points
29      Hemophiliac or Butterfingers                            4 points
30      Blind or Rheumatic Fever                                        4
points

enjoy...

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.