Re: (TFT) Rick's survey

himself had

Yeah, I've had 250 pound shut-ins tell me they couldn't possibly build
themselves with only 32-points! As a GM how do you respond to that  ;|

I like this!

Once again, from an old Fantasy Forum, I've been using the following rules:

Free Talents (Optional)
All adult characters have the following skills at no IQ cost:
Native Language: Each character has fluency in the native language of his
culture.
Manners, Myths, and Traditions: Each character has a knowledge of the
etiquette, legends, and traditions of his culture or subculture. A nobly
born character could use this to claim free knowledge of the Courtly Graces
talent, but he would then be ignorant of proper behavior in non-courtly
situations.
Knowledge of the manners of other cultures requires IQ 11 to learn and
costs one point per culture.
Basic Cooking and Housekeeping: These skills represent the knowledge needed
to live without your mother taking care of you. Each character has a level
of knowledge equivalent to that of a typical bachelor. An experienced
housekeeper would have one to three points of Cooking/Housekeeping mundane
talents in addition.
The basic cooking/housekeeping skills of alien cultures or subcultures each
cost one-quarter IQ point to learn.
Childhood Toys and Games: These represent the things that every kid in the
tribe, village, or neighborhood would know.
Learning the games of ?foreign? children costs one-quarter IQ point.
Three Hobbies: These can be adult hobbies or things that the character was
especially good at as a child. Wizard characters do not get any free
hobbies.
Additional hobbies cost one-quarter IQ point each.

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.