(TFT) TFT: Hits and Fatigue Points

Dan writes . . .

>I don't know about this.  Specifically, I'm thinking of
>the extreme case where a figure with a base ST of 12 has
>taken 10 points of damage, but still has 12 fatigue points
>left.  This seems unreasonable.  What about this: each
>two points of damage causes a loss of 1 fST as well.
>Bleeding takes an awful lot out of you.

   A very good point, and not a bad solution as well, but the added rule
change and slight increase in bookkeeping isn't worth the added realism . .
.  at least not for me.
   This rule change reminds me of /The Morrow Project/ with its separate
Structure Points and Blood Points damage system.

Ron writes . . .

>Good evening gentlemen, this is Ron Pehr.  You've been discussing
>the polearm v. last-ditch missle weapon conflict.  Since the
>polearm user is charging, he has to cross distance to use the
>weapon, while the missle weapon user is already "engaged" in that
>he has the weapon loaded and ready to discharge (I don't remember
>if it's express or implied that the last-shot-before-melee rule
>is with a loaded/cocked/primed weapon).  The implication of the
>rule is that the shooter discharged the missle weapon as the
>attacker closed the distance.

   This is the best reasoning I've seen yet for having the archers go first.
I might try playtesting it with just archers vs. pole weapon users, just to
see how it goes.
   (By the way Ron, thanks for the extra Handicaps.  :)

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Good food, false advertising, chintzy portions, criminal staff