Curse of the 18 (was (TFT) 18's & broken weapons)

Disclaimer: I just thought of these and have not playtested them. Hell, I haven't even played them once yet, but my victims..er.. players are going to the next time we game.

17 is always a miss.

Warrior rolls an 18, roll 1d6:

1 - 4: Attack has become off-balanced for some reason. Player must take ready weapon action next turn to recover. 5: Weapon breaks (normal weapons follow fine weapon rule). Fine weapons and immune weapons are dropped instead. 6: Weapon breaks. Immune weapons get a save as per fine weapon rule. Successful save equals dropped weapon.

Wizard rolls an 18, roll 1d6:

1 - 4: Mental Strain: Successful 3d6 vs IQ equals normal failure. Failed roll equals normal failure and unable to cast for 1 round. 5: Brain Burn: Spell wiped from memory until wizard rolls 4d6 vs IQ (counts as an action) or enjoys 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 6: Mana Backlash: Spell wiped from memory until wizard enjoys 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Comments?