Re: (TFT) Guild Intrigue

From: Thorn <edt@dopey.ne.mediaone.net>
Subject: (TFT) Guild Intrigue
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:34:27 -0400

Here I again serve as scribe to Dar Fannen, of the Wizard's Guild of
Carnn...
I am brought... to mind of the matter of the 2nd Gate...
Archimagus Asimov made plain, in his gentle manner, that certain
elements within the Guild believed they could prove my involvement
in her escape.  ... they had petitioned Asimov, to employ a Trance.

I was undone.  Or so I thought.

Asimov being a busy man, he had deferred his decision.  He had, as he
then made plain, other pressing matters to attend. Perhaps, he asked, I was aware of the single Gate to the mainland, which lay
under the care and control of the Collegium?
I, who had made a study of Gate forces, was like any other mage
possessed of that power, envious of the Collegium's sole control of rapid transport to the mainland, and of the riches it brought them.

It seemed Asimov shared that envy...

Was the Archmage giving Dar a way out of being convicted of contributing to an escapee? Does the Collegium have their own Wizard's Guild? What is the difficulty of the Collegium's Gate Travel?

Stay tuned next time...
(I'm interested in the next insallment.)

Hail Melee

John Paul