Re: (TFT) More thoughts on healing spells

Pasha and or Rick Smith wrote:

> > > allow Physicking per wound (as opposed to per combat, or anything else).
> >
> >Which seems to just make sense overall, doesn't it?  Otherwise, it's
> >like managed healthcare.  "Sorry about that nasty gash on your head, but
> >the leg needed tending more..."  Why can the doc do less _per_wound_,
> >because you have more wounds?  :)
>
>         I'm not trying to convince people that I'm
> right, but here is the logic behind only being able
> to heal the last wound in a combat:
>
> 1)      Physicker says that it can heal the last
> wound taken.  I'm actually slightly more generous
> than the rules say because if you get two wounds
> in a combat (for one point each), I allow you to
> heal both.

My copy doesn't say "The last wound taken".  I think that's one of those
interpretations that you now remember as canon.

Canon, from the book of ITL, page 14, column two:

"A physiker can heal up to 2 hits... (wounds only, not exhaustion) after
any combat or accident."

> 2)      It saves keeping track of things like:
> I took a 2 pt; a 3 pt; a 7pt; and a 1 pt wound in the
> fight. However the 2pt wound occurred so long
> ago that I can only heal one point of it. We
> have a Master physicker so after healing I've
> taken, 1; 0; 4; 0 points: --> 5 hits total.

I've always marked damage by hit, anyway.  Not being an Ogre MK V, I
don't have little circles to fill in.  :)  I expect the same of my
player characters.  So it's easy to track the size of individual
wounds.  And I would just wing 'happened so long ago', since that's not
canon.  Actually, I think I would roll a d6 against the size of the
wound every minute, to encourage the binding of wounds we _know_ we
would all do.  Wound size or under on that d6, and you lose a point to
blood loss.  Boars, Dwarves, Veterans, and barley-fed gladiators, +1 on
the roll.  (alright, +1 _each_...)  One point of blood loss per minute
maximum.  I like this.  I can have giant bats have anticoagulant
saliva...  Evil spells that do the same...   MOO-ah-ha-ha!

> 3)      I seems that if you have taken two
> large tramas that the blood loss is cummulative.
> People have around 250 ml of blood extra that
> they can lose without ill effects.  If you have
> several wounds, yes you can bandage them all
> but the blood is still gone.  And with many
> wounds you have that many more leaks before
> they can all be bandaged up.

Nah.  Track blood loss if you want blood loss.  Canon doesn't clearly
support either side of this.  I'll err on the side of PCs that are
harder to kill accidentally, on the side of those poor, beleagured
Physikers perpetually fearful of losing their function to healing
magicks, and on the side of further limiting healing magicks by applying
them all per wound rather than per body.