Re: (TFT) Crossbows Are Too Powerful in TFT or Longbows are Not Powerful Enough

I wish it were that easy.  :)

--- Ty Beard <tbeard@tyler.net> wrote:
> It's apparently so.

> The mass of a bolt or arrow is around .35g and the
> velocity is
> about 40mps for he longbow and 42 mps for the heavy crossbow
> bolt...

These mps figures are derived somehow from the official stats?

> Also, the required ST for crossbows is way too high compared
> with longbows.

> -Longbows require a ST of 13 and do 2+1 damage.
> -Heavy Crossbows require a ST of 12 and do 2+1 damage.
> -Light crossbows require a ST of 10 and do 1+1 damage.
>
> These weapons ignore all armor and shields.

Sign me up!

Good try, but TFT is too tight to tinker with so casually.
Anyone I know who's tried, winds up building their own system.
:)