Hedge Wizards (was Re: (TFT) New way to improve characters.)

Rick Smith wrote:

>    Now in my campaign, I wanted to fight
> 'industrial disease' in magic.  One of the ways
> to make it more dangerous and unpredictable that
> I tried, was making a D&D like spell backlash
> table.

I think we've had discussions before about how I think that this is a *bad*
way to fight 'industrial disease.' Or maybe it's that I don't mind 'industrial'
in my magic as long as it's *cottage* industry.

Speaking of which: Do any of the list members have any good "hedge wizard"
spells, spells that would be useful for a peasant farmer to occasionally buy
(but not so good as to be "must haves")?

I was thinking of the "Repair" spell, maybe an expanded version of Avert that
would allow the wizard to affect a whole hex worth of St 1 vermin with a
single casting, maybe a weaker version of the Cleansing spell that just cleaned
without disinfecting. Things along those lines.

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com