Re: (TFT) Shield rush in Melee

At 08:42 AM 11/17/03 -0600, Neil Gilmore wrote:
Gotta disagree with you here.

Seems to me you brought up other good observations
(which I agree with), rather than disagreeing with
the my one main point, which was exemplified well
in your TFT combat example. In real combat, as in
your example, if you have a weapon that can quickly
take out your opponent, it tends to be better to
be faster than to be stronger, because it's most
important to get the first good blow, since it can
decide the fight.

If your example were a sport fight with padded
weapons and armor, one hit wouldn't spell the end
of the competition, and it'd go on for minutes
instead of seconds. That's when the factors you
mentioned would be more important than in a life-
or-death encounter, because it would last longer,
with somewhat less adrenaline, so fatigue would
play a bigger part.

Of course there are other factors. If we use the
rule I just suggested based on what Ty said, the
ST 13 fighter would get a +1 to hit in melee attacks,
which would help him a bit, or give him the edge
if they had equal DX.

PvK