Re: (TFT) Wizard Scans & Other Magical Topics

From: Nocstar <shepherd93@insightbb.com>

We have always considered it a "mental" scan as opposed to a "visual" scan related to the developed auras of the schooled wizard.

Reverse Missiles and Spell Shield are always in high demand and you haven't arrived if you don't have at least one.

A little history of our group
  We are the best of friends but it is a different story "on the boards".

I don't believe a more cutthroat, back stabbing bunch of players ever existed!

And when we "hit the boards" they rarely break character.

I see. In that case, what ever is decided for the scanning of other wizards will be put through the grinder. Examined by lazer sharp wits, exploited to the letter of the law, and if accepted will have to be sturdy enough to hold up a large building of traditions that may be built atop it. (he hehe. Sorry If i'm mixing too many metaphores here.)

How about this. Detecting the aura of a magic user is like seeing the heat waves comming off a barbaque pit.
    Add 1D to the detect roll if...
          there is a fire behind the wizard
          the wizard has enough iron on them for a Dx - to cast spells
for each enchanted hex between the wizard and the scanner (slippery, sticky, fire, wall, shadow, summoned being, illusion, ect.), or that the wizard is standing in.
    subtract 1D to detect if...
          there is ice or snow behind the wizard
          the wizard is standing in front of a figure wearing iron armor
          for each point of curse the wizard is under.

    Maximum range is the scanning wizard's IQ in hexes.
    walls and stone have not effect what so ever.

    David Michael Grouchy II