Re: (TFT) An Even More Radical Re-Imagining of TFT...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter von Kleinsmid" <pvk@oz.net>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) An Even More Radical Re-Imagining of TFT...

> Another idea for Ty's system:
>
> Emphasized attack and defense could be added as modifiers to X, the
success
> margin needed to score a hit. Fighting defensively could increase the
> margin for people attacking the defender, and for his attacks against
> others. Fighting aggressively could reduce it.

Even if you guys don't care for the system that I suggested, I really do
recommend that you try out the blitz/defend system.

To recap, after movement, each figure that is going to blitz/defend states
the modifier that he will apply to his DX (do this in reverse adjDx order,
or as an alternative, let the side without initiative go first). This
modifier will apply to his DX and to the DX of anyone attacking him. Other
conditions:

1. The maximum adjustment is 1/2 of the figure's "base" adjDX (i.e., with
armor and shield, but without wounds or terrain taken into effect).

2. Only opponents striking the figure in melee get the blitz/defend bonus or
penalty.

3. Figures may not add a blitzing target's bonus if they take an aimed shot.

4. The blitz/defend modifier does *not* affect strike order.

My players love this system.

--Ty