[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Test of general MELEE knowledge, NUMBER IV
At 02:24 AM 3/23/2004, you wrote:
* In the first place, o3's first attempted movement would require an MA of
12. It costs an extra movement point to pass a hex with a fallen figure in
it. Perhaps he has no armor and the Running talent.
* It's also a bit of a roleplaying/realism stretch for him to be running
at full speed around the corner, see and assess the situation half-way
through, decide what to do, and get full MA all in the same turn. That's
sort of irrelevant to the question, though.
* Also, the consideration of Arron's chances to hit Orc 3 while prone with
a body are incorrect. The penalty to hit someone prone behind a body is -4
DX, not 50/50 to hit the body.
* Another quibble is the assertion that Orc 3's weapon will be on the
ground after tripping. I don't remember such a rule in TFT. (In GURPS I
have a house rule where only people who fail both a DX and an IQ roll drop
their weapons when falling.)
* As for the actual question: Engagement prevents reloading of missile
weapons. However since Arron's first shot knocked down the orc, that ended
the engagement (even if the orc were still alive) immediately, and allows
him to reload and fire a second shot.
I agree with Peter. This is exactly how I would have ruled it.
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body