Re: (TFT) What happened to TFT

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 01:56:33 +0800
"Jay Carlisle" <selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com> wrote:
> So, if combat is a sub-game of the larger RPG then why would a GM want to limit themselves to a singel system of combat?

No reason in the world.

> I'm useing Chris Nicholes' Focker Fodder as a base for a flying combat system, and even have some notes on underwater fighting.

Jay, there was a very interesting game submitted for the Microgame Design
Contest that was held a few years back.  One of the games was called
Glider Pit Gladiators, described as "Leonardo DaVinci's flying machines meet
the Roman Coliseum. Six men launch themselves into the deep pit, swooping
through the air in primitive gliders. Armed for combat, they battle with
spear, net and sword (or all the rocks they can carry.) The last in the
air wins."

It was a very nice mechanism for just this sort of thing.  More info at
http://micro.brainiac.com/contest-games.html