Re: (TFT) Power

The burning salt water looks cool, but it's not a fuel source. The energy required to break up the water molecules has to be at least as much as the energy you'd get back by burning the hydrogen. In practice, the system would waste a lot of electricity.

When you burn hydrogen, it turns into water. Water is the ashes from that fire. If you could just burn the ashes, that would be creating energy from nothing. If you could do that, you'd be violating really basic laws of physics that people have been trying to break for centuries and always failing. Give that man a Nobel, it's time to rewrite the physics & chemistry textbooks.

I don't believe that he accidently discovered this by putting a container of salt water in his gadget either. There's no use for brine in an electronics lab. We've known for centuries that water molecules break apart when you get them hot enough, and we've known since the '50's that you can heat water with radio waves.

--Scott

Sent from my iPhone