(TFT) Power

Very interesting how this funny old world works.
I've been trying to wrestle a scale outta energy requirements for societies the past few days. I know the basic source is the campfire, but by the time you reach modern tech the situation gets a bit dicey as far as future directions go.
Power plants are very intresting buildings.
So then I come across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq85HFOXcc4

It's salt water being burned at about 1500 degrees cent. in an RF-generator.
It looks like the H in O in energy out water out model got it backwards.

I had this as a "it's possable but how" hyper advanced technology in the vein of advanced tech looks like magic so I don't have to explain it.
It turns out that I'd have been wrong wrong wrong it seems...

There's a TON of questions here, like how many watts are being used to maintain the saltwater in that state... and what's up with the salt anyway, but this is kinda cool.