Re: (TFT) TFT compaired to checkers, chess, and go

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joey Beutel"
Subject: Re: (TFT) TFT compaired to checkers, chess, and go

Thats interesting. I skimmed most of the ending bit (with all the
bouts, as its too long to read right now, and I'm not sure it was
meant to be read really) but from the beginning, when comparing the
complexity to, say, Chess, I think you have to use the standard melee
original battlemap as the comparison (closer in size to what most
people use, being the main reason, but also just for official
approval) and need to remember that the number for chess includes teh
idea of different types of figures.... if you add in the number of
possibilities in base melee (no XP yet, no IQ, etc) for characters
then you already will beat  chess by a good margin, let alone getting
into ITL.

Yeah, I agree.
It's the first time I've ever really looked at it like that and I was just throwing the idea out there without much depth behind it. Your right about the details on the Melee simulator, I was more trying to show off the work of a fellow that "I" find mega-helpful! It's been awhile since I last mentioned the Melee-sim and I use the thing a LOT to develop CRT's for TFT Units on the Squad Leader scale. When you compress a 3d6 roll for an individual Figure down to a 2d6 roll for a Unit of Figures then you should be able to describe your methodology clearly in a fair Social Contract nicht wahr? =====