Re: (TFT) Rule clarification

Stating the obvious(?) but in the original Melee rules it mentions Plate -6 to DX and Chainmail -4 to DX and the combat example in the rules also uses this data, BUT at a later point in the rules it mentions Plate -5 to DX and Chainmail -3 to DX.

We have always played the second version.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Long" <brad@longbrothers.net>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) A Point of Damage

Thanks for the challenge David.

My analysis of this is that Orc 1 CAN set vs. charge against Broadsword.

At the beginning of the turn in question, Orc 1 is engaged, Broadsword is disengaged.

Now Orc 1 turns to face Broadsword.

"If a figure with a pole weapon stays in the same hex, with or without a facing change, on the turn an enemy figure charge attacks him ..."

Broadsword, although he didn't move, went from disengaged to engaged during the movement phase and intends to attack this round, and therefore is counted as a "CHARGE AND ATTACK". Hence, Orc 1 can set vs. charge attack.

Did I get it right?

On another point - showing my ignorance - why did Broadsword need to disengage in the prior round if the figure he was engaged with died before Broadsword had his attack?

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:41 PM

Welcome Brad.

Here is a link to General Test of Melee Knowledge Number I

http://tft.brainiac.com/archive/0112/msg00073.html

from all the way back in December of 2001.

In case anyone
else hasn't
seen it.

:)