Re: (TFT) Daily Life...

Well I think a "working" game-world can come from a number of sources.
As I mentioned before a simple top down approach involves the large-earth
map in Civilization.
Run up to medieval tech and take the main cities in the region you want play
to focus on as areas to model in a more SimCity type style.
I think turns are something like 5 or 10 years a pop in Civ once you reach
the medieval period depending on the version/level.
The major buildings on the Civ scale gives you a shorthand for the SimCity.
You also get trade routes, what and from where.
The military as a whole is displayed along with areas lacking a response
force.
Its not perfect but its something that works in a background way that most
campaigns don't seem too.
Again, a lot has to do with how you frame what your presenting to the
player.