Re: (TFT) System for genenating NPC attributes

> This sort of thing fits very well with my idea that TFT is rules for
> making rules.

I like how this is put.

As much as I babble about psudo-historical stuff my peasants are WAY closer
to a disney movie than they are to anything near historical.
I recall from the Civ IV design notes that golden ages started as dark ages.
I'm a very big fan of the fatigue rules.
Well... not the unfairness to the wizards part, fighters have to spend fST
too I think, but I've come to feel  that most injury occurs from fatigue or
unawareness in a reasonably matched situation.
Of course, players have to pretty much have top notch athletes for Figures
for fatigue to approach being playable.
Nobody is imagining a middle aged wacko limping their fat buttah around the
Death Test maze for their Figure.
Not even me.
8-P
Here's some real blasphemy.
8d4 per stat.
min 8, max 32, Joe Average 60
What's the story about the jewel wasp?
>From the sandbox perspective the population is the full set of cockroaches
and the players are the wasps.
With TFT as quick as a wasp finds a roach to hagride the wasp has options
to start "improving" the roach.
Nerfing the overall roach population just delays the wasp from maxing out
the roach if the max remains 30ish and those early pts come fast.
Of course all this mini/max talk is a lot more theory than it is practical
and campaigns don't have to be so wide open as a sandbox.
I find it informative though to see how other folks view this kind of thing.
If the ST rules are too abstract then it's hard to use them to build other
ST rules, like trebuchets or cannon.
Ideally the abstractness should help reflect the spectrum of views while
still being focused enough to define the differences a bit.