Re: [Slope: Ch 11] Yet another idea on how to improve Defending

Rick, Re: "Triple damages become impossible, (since you can’t roll a 3 on 4 dice), and the chance of getting a double damage becomes almost impossible."  My copy of the rules do not say double/triple damage is an option against defending targets.  Only that a roll of 4/5 are auto hits.  We have always played it as written that way, and while it is true that you can still be hit while defending, it is less likely that you will be, and you are protected from any huge double/triple scores if you are hit.

I'm not overly against lowering the auto miss number vs defending targets, but I would probably also lower the number on the dropped/broken weapons numbers as well.  It would make some sense (to me at least) that those 2 things would have a greater % chance of happening when attacking a character that is actively defending against an attack.  It would make the defending option more valuable and counter the boredom David mentions.  (Imagine the poor weak character cowering from the big bad guy and choosing defend thinking his life to soon over when suddenly the big bad guy drops his weapon and now is standing there unarmed.  Ah ha...how quickly the tables are turned... quick stab to the throat.  How boring is the defend option now?)

Just my 0.02usd worth.

Rich