Re: [Slope: Ch 11] Yet another idea on how to improve Defending

Hi Richard, everyone,
  I appreciate the logic of leaving the dropped & broken weapon numbers
alone.  The reason I wrote that they did NOT change is that if you go by
the rule, a 17 is a dropped weapon and an 18+ is a broken weapon, the
the chances of those two results are:

Rolling a 16+ on 4 dice: ……….. 33.56%
Rolling a 17 on 4 dice: …………..  8.02%
Rolling an 18+ of 4 dice: ……….. 15.90%

This would make the chance of a broken weapon MORE likely than a
dropped weapon.  And it just seems too tough on attackers.

Let us say that the rules is that a 17 exactly is a dropped weapon; a 18 exactly is a broken weapon; and a result of 16+ is an auto miss.  (So a result from 19 to 24 is just an auto miss.)  In this case we get:

Rolling a 17 exactly on 4 dice: ….... 8.02%
Rolling an 18 exactly on 4 dice: ….. 6.17%

I think that this is better, but I still don’t like this because:
— It still seems like there are too many broken and dropped weapons.
— It is weird that rolling worse than an 18 results in a less extreme result.
— It requires remembering a fussy rule not seen elsewhere in TFT.

Warm regards, Rick