Re: [Slope: Ch 12] New Type of Healing Spell & Death Magic.

Well, let me recommend you go over to the forums.  Steve is putting a lot more information out lately than he ever has before on any project that I've ever seen, and I think your input would be valuable.  But since you admit you've only gotten two tidbits out of all the discussions (and those two may be the least popular of the changes he's considering), you might be pleasantly surprised by some of the other things he and Phil Masters have mentioned over there.  At the very least, it might change your negative impression into something more positive, and your input might actually contribute to a positive outcome.  It's not too late; the Kickstarter starts next month, but I suspect the rules can change right up to the moment he locks down the PDF and gets ready to print.  The discussion on pole weapon changes, healing in general, new talents, etc., might be an eye-opener for you...

From: "raito@raito.com" <raito@raito.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2018 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Slope: Ch 12] New Type of Healing Spell & Death Magic.

Really, it's just chewing on something in isolation to any other changes
that might be made. And if we had to wait for a final version, we wouldn't
be discussing it at all.

We all look at it through the lenses of the games we play. And for me,
that view is nearly entirely negative. And for some others. Yet others see
it as positive, or already have their own house rules, etc. I really don't
see it as being much different than many rules discussions here.

Since I din't have access to other rule changes, I have to view this one
in isolation. There may be other rule changes that balance this change
system-wide, but I don't know those. And even if those exist, pulling this
single spell out might make some other imbalance.

Personally, I'd have been glad to see the old rules with various errata
incorporated -- essentially a cleanup of the original. It doesn't look
like that's what's going to happen. I don't get to say because I'm not
writing it.

So far, the only things I've seen here are quick healing and stat caps.
Neither of which I favor, in preference for the original rules. So that
does give me a negative outlook for this new edition, even though it's not
final, nor published at this time.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com

Jeffrey wrote this (I'm happy I'm getting the messages, but formatting
from it has always been odd):