Re: (TFT) Computerization of Metagaming

Perhaps what the person meant wasn't that it wouldn't make much sense to
*write* a computer version of a board game, but that it wouldn't make
sense to write one with the intent to *sell* the computer version.
Stretching one's coding skills has always seemed a good exercise to me,
and certainly having something fun to do with the results only makes it
better.  But low demand, especially for an out-of-print title, may make
for a low payoff for the programmer.

--Andrew M.

P.S.  However, be careful how these are distributed.  I don't know about
Chitin and Melee/Wizard, but OSI released a licensed version of Ogre in
the mid-80's.  While they no longer own the right to the title (i.e.,
they'd have to cut a deal with Steve to do an Ogre 2, or GEV, etc.), they
do still own the TM to a computer version of the game, so either they or
SJG might get a little testy about another release.  Then again, if it's
any good, you may get a job offer...
;-)