RE: (TFT) Character Fragility

>But when you start talking about people with DX 32 and
needing 9 dice to hit them ... that's a bit ***much***. And from a game
balance stand point, it becomes very difficult to devise encounters that
will be meaningful. Further, you have the same potential problem with
player
characters running amuck that you do in D&D.<

It seems like it's a LOT harder to get an advanced character in TFT than it
is in D&D. Are you REALLY going to run a campaign where the characters are
in danger of reaching DX 32? Plus the IQ 22 needed for DQV?

Realistically only a dedicated buddist monk would every achieve DQ2, giving
them a grand total of 5/DX to be hit and 6/DX if Defending or Dodging.

Is that really that big a deal for a dedicated martial arts Buddhist monk
character? Who else could get DX 20, IQ 16 and spend 5 IQ points?

14      3       Defensive Quickness I (needs DX 16+)
16      2       Defensive Quickness II (needs Defensive Quickness I, DX
20+)
18      2       Defensive Quickness II (needs Defensive Quickness II, DX
24+)
20      2       Defensive Quickness IV (needs Defensive Quickness III, DX
28+)
22      2       Defensive Quickness V (needs Defensive Quickness IV, DX
32+)

I mean, its one thing to want a more realistic portrayal of combat, but I
don't see DQ2 being that unbalancing....

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.