(TFT) Disadvantages

Since joining the list a couple of days ago, I've seen a few references
to "disadvanges" that essentially count as negative IQ points which can
(if I'm getting the drift) be spent to acquire additional talents.  Is
this detailed anywhere?  My apologies if I'm asking about something
that I should damn well already know.<

From Space Gamer Magazine. "Handicapped Characters in TFT" from TSG #51, by
Forrest Johnson and "More Handicaps in TFT" - TSG #57 by Ralph Sizer.

Has Steve Jackson given permission for these articles to be put up on the
website?

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.