Re: (TFT) Psionics

In a message dated 11/12/99 11:12:19 PM Central Standard Time,
shadowhex@hotmail.com writes:

<< I like Psionics, too.  In my gameworld, I feel it is superior to Magic and
 that magic only exists because sentients aren't usually aware that they have
 the capabilities of psionics.  In fact, magic is a very degraded form of
 psionics.  Its using a lot of symbols and rituals to get the result.  Then
 again, if you haven't reached the realization or the ability to use
 psionics, at least magic is a step in the right direction.  Look at all the
 bumblers who can't even do that.  Then again, there are those who have faith
 in religion and can do 'miracles' (god's magic), but they are not likely to
 push into psionics or if they have it, attribute its results to miracles.

 Magic cannot detect psionics and wizards are baffled by this.  Psionicists
 cannot detect magic and usually shrug it off.
 Miracle Workers either feel that psionics is Magic or the user is under
 possession and needs to be excorsized.

 Hope this gives you the impitus to convert GURPS Psionics into TFT.  I look
 forward to seeing that.

 Hail Melee

 John Paul

I like what you have done, it's a lot like the system I've been trying to
come up with. The only thing I did differently is to put all levels of
psionic power together, and the character just had to buy the skill to be
able to use each. Example, the character is a psionicist, and has Power 8,
for 4 pts. he wants to be able to teleport, and read minds. he would take the
Teleport skill, for 3 pts, and the Telepathy, read-only skill, at 2 pts. The
idea behind this was to keep psionics as simple as possible, and a little
more expensive than the equivalent magic power. That way it would be an
interesting contrast between the two, magic and psionics. It will really help
me to complete my system. Thanks

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com