(TFT) Re: Hey its Conan!!!

> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:55:34 -0700
> From: "Gadda, Charles A" <charles.a.gadda@lmco.com>
> Subject: RE: (TFT) Hey its Conan!!!
>
> So a Conan type really isn't all that realistic. I don't mind stretching
> things a bit, but the idea that a nearly naked man is going to take on a
> half dozen knights in full plate and survive (much less win) is just a bit
> more then I can swallow.

It seems to me that a "realistic" character that can take on a mass of NPCs
will probably use a bunch of underlings to do so. But in game terms,
fighting out a many-on-many battle takes a lot of time. I think decent
mass-combat rules are the solution to this problem, but I don't know of any
RPG that has really successfully integrated such rules into its combat
system.

Dave
====
Dave Kohr     Silicon Graphics, Inc.    Mail Stop 7U-178     (650)933-8694