(TFT) Re Boomerangs

>Boomerangs
>   Boomerangs now do only 1 die of damage.  (They normally do 2 dice.)
>Otherwise boomerangs are simply too powerful compared to other missile
>weapons.  Sorry about that, all of you legions of Hobbit flingers.

	Well war boomerangs are pretty big and heavy, and the talent is
over IQ 7 and requires one memory.  The ST is 12, (which does the same
damage as a Lt. Crossbow at that ST).  Also the weapon is thrown away
while the Lt. Crossbow can be fired 20 times.  If you have rules to prevent
people from carrying many weapons they are not that bad.  Also in the
basic rules, a long bow does 1d+2 (averages 5.5 damage) so at ST 12 you
would expect 1d+3 which would be 2 dice.

	(I realise a basic character can't fire a Lt. Crossbow once per
turn, but with Missile Weapons or a few attributes it is not that hard.)

	You could argue that a boomerang that has some sort of flying
enchantment that it will return to your hand then it would allow you to
throw it once per turn, but a long bow with a +2 damage would do 7.5
damage per turn on average rather than 7 average.  Very good characters
can fire a long bow twice per turn if their speed is high enough which
deals out damage a boomerang can't match.

	Now a boomerang is a one handed weapon so you can use a
shield with it, and it can be thrown instantly if you pay the additional
memory to learn Thrown Weapons, so it does have some advantages.

	I think that reducing the damage of a boomerang to 1 die is
making them far too weak.  Having them do 1d+2 or 1d+1 would be
fairer in my humble opinion.

	Rick