Re: (TFT) First impressions on Dark City Games and The Crown of Kings

Very interesting. Thanks for the write-up! Seems interestingly different,
and worth a try to see how it plays... but with lots of stuff I like in
TFT missing. Personally, I think TFT itself (especially plain Melee and/or
Wizard) simple enough even for first-time players.

There are also some interesting bits in there which could be used as
optional rules for TFT. That is, start with TFT, but use parts of the
EP/Skill system instead of the TFT system, for example, or some
combination of the two systems. I like the idea of being able to use EP to
acquire talents in excess of the IQ limit. It seemed rather silly to me to
have TFT characters going to the Wizard's Guild to have their talents and
study slots erased by telepathy to make room in their heads for different
talents...

PvK