Re: (TFT) MA issues, proposed fix

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joey Beutel"

Sure, maybe runners get an advantage, as do some other atheltic
talents. Added together could allow this sort of thing, with DX rolls.
But frankly I don't think thats too relevant for a base rule of what
an average guy can or can't do while sprinting.

I agree but I also think that people want to play hero's or wizards that are an "idealized" version of themselves. If I'm playing a reciever character in a NFL type game I wanna be Jerry Rice... at least to start. I don't want to put my fat-assed stats up against a Beckham on a futball pitch.
"I" am Conan...
Try to limit me to my real-world fatness and I might just decide that my only real option is a trigger... but this is "escapism".
In escapism I AM a hero... if just for a little while...
A lot of folks who HATE the nerdism of RPG's as a history are happy to try it as a "football player".
Isn't it a bit silly to ignore non-leatheal compitition?
You've only got so much Population after all... unless your pulling all of this outta your ass i.e. making it up as you go along.

"I just wanna play" is fine... but your saying "I don't wanna design" in many ways.

What's the joke that's becoming an old saw now?
"Pop the <insert something living deemed unimportant here> on the head and get x-gold coins."

Players dont want to be average, they want to be hero's... but in the way I count it average helps describe the bell curve that tells players that they are preforming above average... and then they can get a great dice roll...