Re: (TFT) XP for gold

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Rick Smith wrote:

Hi Andreas,

I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly. In D&D for a long time, people got exp for each gold piece they gained. TFT has never had that dynamic. If you are asking, has anyone tried out that rule as a house, rule, then I have not, and have not heard of any other campaigns that has.

Yeah, I was curious about house rules for XPs.

That one from D&D I have found interesting, if not intuitive at first, and I guess there might be something interesting done for TFT regarding XP as well.

As a side note, I personally liked Dave Arneson's personal tweak, xp not for gold earned, but spent on women and wine (or equivalent).

-andreas

--
"economics is a pseudoscience; the astrology of our time"
Kim Stanley Robinson