Re: (TFT) XP for gold

At 08:17 AM 9/1/2015, David O. Miller wrote:
What's all this talk about XP? Hell, TFT characters in my games never
lived long enough to advance. In fact we always started them higher up
the attribute level, and they still died in droves. To me the real
challenge in a TFT game is to actually be one of the few characters that
lives through an adventure. To me that's the real accomplishment, and
one to be proud of!
If I wanted character advancement and development I'd go play D&D.
Nobody ever dies in that game, at least as far as I understand it.

Yeah! That's the spirit!

My main player used to say of travel, "Getting there is half the death!"

This is the sort of thing that comes to mind when I read discussions
in other forums of risk and combat in other games where the players
are coddled and protected and there's no real risk.