Re: Combat Acrobatics in TFT.

DCC = Dungeon Crawl Classics

From: Rick <rick_ww@lightspeed.ca>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2018 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: Combat Acrobatics in TFT.

What is DCC stand for?

DC Comics RPG?

Re: Capping the bonus.  TFT does not do this anywhere else except with
auto-misses.

On May 4, 2018, at 1:55 PM, jackal@speakeasy.net wrote:

Rick -

Cinematic <-- Reminds me of a defensive version of Heroic Feats in DCC RPG!

What about capping the bonus?

- Jack

On Fri, 4 May 2018 11:55:32 -0700, Rick wrote:

Hi Edward,
  Absolutely.  But on the other hand, there is absolutely no penalty for
attempting these rolls. If 30% of the time, I get much harder to hit, then
that is a useful bonus.

  Yes, it makes high DX figures harder to hit, but this talent is supposed
to be an awesome talent that people will lust after, buy up IQ rather
than DX, and save precious mIQ to get.  It has to be valuable enough
to tempt people.

  Finally, Combat Acrobatics seems a pretty cinematic style talent.

  I like that a low level figure can take it early, but it does not get really
useful until the DX rises.  Another think I like is that it only helps you
against people you are watching.  If someone unexpected attacks you,
(or you are being swarmed by 6 goblins), it does not help.

  I’m not super happy with this talent however.  The things I don’t like
about it are…

— Extra dice rolling.

— It is perhaps too weak for lower DX figures.  But it is likely too tough
if you get characters with 20+ DX.

— Bonuses and penalties are mundane.   Perhaps something more
cool or fun could be thought up.

I would be curious what other people might come up with.

  Warm regards, Rick.